Raspberry Pi Zero Budget Pack
Remember those cereal commercials that would always say, "part of a complete breakfast"? Well the Pi Zero's a lot like that bowl of cereal - while it's great on its own, you need a lot of accessories to make it a complete meal.
The Pi Zero Budget Pack is almost everything you need to get going with your Pi Zero and make it a complete meal. Check out the writeup on the Pi Zero over at the Adafruit Learning System
This pack includes:
- Raspberry Pi Zero (this is NOT Pi Zero W, for Pi Zero W Budget Pack click here) - the type of low cost game-changing product Raspberry Pi's known for - a super light, super lean microcomputer.
- UniPiCase - Zero Standard- Keep your Pi Zero safe while handling.
- Mini HDMI to HDMI Adapter - Will let you convert the little port on the Zero to a standard sized HDMI jack. You can get 1080P HDMI video + audio out of this little computer!
- USB OTG Cable - Lets you plug in a normal USB device such as WiFi dongle, USB hub, keyboard, mouse, etc into the Zero.
- 16GB Class 10 SD Card (BLANK) – A micro SD card that’s perfect for installing your OS of choice. You’ll need a USB microSD card reader (see below) to image the card from another computer.
- 5.25V 2.4A Power Supply - the best way to power up your Pi Zero with a stable 5V power supply that wont vary or sag.
- 2x20 Male Header Strip - Solder this in to plug in Pi HATs, GPIO cables, etc as you would into a normal Pi.
We also strongly recommend some other parts and pieces to make your Pi Zero computing experience easier (THESE ARE NOT INCLUDED!)
- USB microSD card reader to image the microSD card from another computer.
- USB Console cable - if you're not going to stick an HDMI monitor on there, then this is essential, you connect the wires to the GPIO pins and log in over a serial console. Its the easiest & fastest way to get on your Pi
- USB Powered Hub - So you can plug in any kind of USB devices without overloading the Zero's power supply. (You can also, ironically, power the Zero from the hub itself by plugging in a micro USB cable into the hub)
- Ethernet/USB Hub - 3 USB Ports and 1 Ethernet
- WiFi dongle - Bring Wireless High-speed Internet to your Pi Zero!
- Mini Wireless Keyboard w/Trackpad - Requires only one USB port, which makes it a great match for the Pi Zero
- Wireless Keyboard w/Trackpad - Also requires only one USB port, but for everyday use.
- Pi Cobbler or T-Cobbler - When paired with the male or female 2x20 pin header, you can use your Zero with a breadboard to connect sensors, LEDs, motors and more!