The new Pi 4B boards feature a new processor. This means that previous Operating System images that you ran on any previous board will not run on the new processor!
Raspbian is the first OS to be updated, as the Raspberry Pi Foundation provided a new release on the same day as the P 4B boards. You can find that new version here [LINK]. Please also see this link for general instructions on how to avoid the common pitfalls of writing the image file to the microSD card.
Other OS's will be updated, but they didn't have advance notice of the new board model, so they now have to catch up. Please check with the developer of the OS you're interested in to see if they list a release date.
We offer a range of Raspberry Pi 4 kits to suit your Raspberry Pi needs, including Budget, Starter, Ultimate, and Media Center Kits. If you wish to customize a kit with your choice of board model and components, see the Super Custom Kit instead.
Our budget kit is ideal for those who:
- Know which Operating System image they want to load on their Pi
- Are DIYers
- The latest model of Raspberry Pi, the 4B with 1GB RAM
- Our very own HighPi case for Raspberry Pi 4
- 5.1V 2.5A microUSB power supply with USB-C adapter
- Aluminum heatsinks to keep your Pi running cool
- Printed PiShop Raspberry Pi Quick Start Guide