Raspberry Pi Dual-Band 5GHz/2.4GHZ USB WiFi Adapter with Antenna
If the on-board Wi-Fi antenna on your Raspberry Pi isn't giving you enough range, this dual-band 2.4GHz/5GHz USB 2.0 Wi-Fi adapter is a great option.
The antenna is dual-band meaning it can connect to a 2.4GHz or 5GHz network, and supports the 802.11ac standard (3 times faster than 802.11n networks).
Note: Currently only tested with the Raspberry Pi 3B+, Pi 4 and Pi 400 (we're working on finding a driver for older versions!)
The USB 2.0 adapter features an LED status light and removable antenna.
The adapter requires installation of a third-party driver which will take around 5 minutes. See installation guide here.
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi 3B+, 4 and Pi 400 only
- 150Mbps at 2.4GHz and 433Mbps at 5GHz
- The external high gain adjustable & detachable antenna provides wide coverage for your wireless network
- Backwards compatible with 802.11n/g/b/a
- LED status light
- Chip: Realtek RTL8811cu
- Interface: USB 2.0
- Wireless transmit power: 20dBm
- Network Speed: 600Mbps (max)
- Network Mode: Dual Band
- Applicable System: Windows Vista / XP / 2000/7/8/10, Linux, Mac OS
- USB Head Size: 4.5 x 2 x 1.2cm
- RP-SMA Antenna Length: 10.8cm
- Net Weight: 12g
- 1 x Dual Band 2.4G/5G USB Wifi Antenna Adapter
- 1 x CD
Note: Does not include Raspberry Pi
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I didn't think of looking here for installation instructions (I forgot where I ordered it) and ended up installing pre-compiled drivers using a script found here, http://downloads.fars-robotics.net/wifi-drivers/install-wifi, and following instructions found here, https://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/a/75108/19002 and https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=194859 . The installation script automatically found the Realtek vendor:device ID of 0bda:c811, and installed a 8821cu driver for the appropriate version of Raspian.