The new Pi3B+ board features the same processor as before, however it’s configured differently in the firmware. This means that previous OS images that you ran on your Pi3B will not run on the new processor!
Raspbian is the first OS to be updated, as the Raspberry Pi Foundation provided a new release on the same day as the Pi3B+ board. You can find that new version here. Please also see this link for general instructions on how to avoid the common pitfalls of writing the image file to the microSD card.
Other OS's will be updated, but they didn't have advance notice of the new board model, so they now have to catch up. Please check with the developer of the OS you're interested in to see if they list a release date.
Basic Bundle Includes
- Raspberry Pi 3 B+ (Plus)
- Our very own HighPi Raspberry Pi Model B+/2/3 Case
- Aluminum CPU and GPU Heatsinks to keep your Pi projects running cool
Optionally, you might want to add some of these nifty products to your order:
- OSMC Remote Control: Control your Open Source Media Center(OSMC) from the comfort of your couch
- Ethernet Cable: Plug right in to your local network
- HDMI to VGA Adapter: Have a monitor with only VGA? No problem with this adapter
- Mini Wireless Mouse & Keyboard: A compact and functional solution for commanding your Pi