Pico Robot Kit
The Pico Robot Kit introduces learners to physical computing through six lessons culminating in a finished working robotic rover. Using the Raspberry Pi Pico microcontroller, learners will explore inputs and outputs utilizing hardware components including buttons, LEDs, and motors.
Six lessons progress students’ knowledge and understanding of physical computing starting with the creation of basic circuits and builds up their usage and confidence by incorporating and programming a new piece of hardware with differing inputs/outputs. By the end of the unit, learners will have a good understanding of microcontrollers, as well as conceptual and practical experience of physically connecting input/output devices to GPIO pins, and using algorithmic thinking to solve a maze with code.
This Pico Robot Kit provides an opportunity for learners to apply knowledge and skills from their studies, in a practical and tangible project, spanning multiple lessons.
- Raspberry Pi Pico with pre soldered Header Pins
- USB to Micro USB Cable, 1.5 ft
- 2x DC Gear Motors with Plastic Tire Wheels
- Miniature Castor Wheel
- Motor Driver Board (L298N)
- Battery Holder for 4x AA Batteries (batteries not included)
- Half-size 400-Pin Breadboard
- 2x White LEDs
- 2x Red LEDs
- 4x 100 Ohm Resistors
- 2x Crocodile Clip Cables
- 20x Female-Male Jumper Wires
- 20x Male-Male Jumper Wires
- Momentary Miniature Push Button
- Small Phillips Screwdriver