MMC (micro SD) HAT for the Raspberry Pi
- 8086 Consultancy
The MMC HAT adds a second micro SD socket to your Raspberry Pi using the second SDIO interface.
The MMC HAT has many uses including:
- Micro SD card reader. Write new images, repair or modify existing Raspberry Pi installations with ease
- Additional storage, mount as your home directory, for general storage or backups
- RAID1 on the root (/) partition for added reliability
- Connector for Controller Serial Console using a USB Serial Adaptor
Can be used on Raspberry Pi A+, B+, Zero (with headers), Zero W*(with headers) , 2B, 3B*, 3B+* and 4B**.
- * When used on a Raspberry Pi Zero W, 3B or 3B+ the on-board WiFi is disabled as it is on the SDIO interface used by the MMC HAT
- **The Raspberry Pi 4 has three SD controllers so you can use onboard SD, WiFi and the MMC HAT (SD) at the same time
When using a Raspberry Pi 4 please add the following three lines to the TOP of the config.txt file in the boot directory.
With the standard SD clock speed a micro SD card in the MMC HAT (/dev/mmcblk2) performs at similar speeds to the onboard micro SD card (/dev/mmcblk0).
The standard MMC HAT package contains:
- 1x MMC HAT PCB with pre-soldered header
- 4x 12mm M2.5 standoff
- 8x 6mm M2.5 screw
- 4x stick on feet