This is an Arduino Compatible Ultrasonic sensor, it can be used to measure the distance from the sensor to other objects around it. These types of sensors are used on robots for collision avoidance and guidance or as trip sensors for alarm systems or other interactive systems. The range of this sensor is quite large being capable of detecting an object within a 15 degree cone from 2 cm all the way to 450cm away.
The sensor is also very easy to connect necessitating only 3 wires; GND, Vcc, and OUT and using this tutorial from Arduino.cc
It can also be connected using 4 wire; GND, Vcc, Trig, and Echo. If you wish to run the sensor like this then this tutorial is recommended.
- Supply Voltage: 4.5-5.5V
- Supply Current: 10-40mA
- Output signal: Electric frequency signal, high level 5V, low level 0V
- Sensor angle: up to 15 degrees
- Detection distance: 2cm-450cm (no contact with the object is required)
- Detection works under any lighting condition making this a useful addition to infra-red distance measuring
- High precision: Up to 0.3cm
- Working tempetature:-20C – +60C
- Wiring: Vcc, trig (control side), echo (receiving end), GND,OUT
- Can be run in two modes using 3 or 4 pins
- Header pins make it easy to connect to a breadboard or extension wire
- Based on the HY-SRF05 sensor architecture
Depth 45mm, Height 18.9mm, Width 20.5mm, Weight 8.9g