The Official Raspberry Pi Camera Guide
- Raspberry Pi Foundation
One of the most popular add-ons for the Raspberry Pi, the official Camera Module – or the new High Quality Camera – turns your favourite single-board computer into a powerful digital camera.
Launched back in 2013, the original Camera Module was succeeded by the higher-spec v2 in April 2016.
The High Quality Camera offers Ultra HD image resolution and enables you to attach any standard C- or CS-mount lens.
In this book we show readers how to get started with their Raspberry Pi camera, taking photos and videos from the command line and writing Python programs to automate the process. We’ll reveal how to create time-lapse and slow-motion videos, before moving on to a range of exciting
projects. There are just so many things that can be done with a Raspberry Pi camera!
- Learn how to set up the new High Quality Camera, attach a lens, and start capturing images
- Take selfies and shoot stop-motion videos
- Build a wildlife camera and also an underwater one
- Make a smart door with a video doorbell
- Set up a security camera to monitor your home
- And much more!