Sleepy Pi External Programming Adapter
- Spell Foundry
External Arduino Programming Cable lets you use a PC or Mac to develop Sleepy Pi Apps
Do I need this cable? No. You can develop code, debug and program the Sleepy Pi or Sleepy Pi 2 from your Raspberry Pi quite happily…
…But there are times when you think:
“Do you know what? why am I waiting for the RPi to compile and upload my code? I’ve got that nutter fast PC in the corner, couldn’t I use that?”
“I’d like to debug my code whilst I’m shutting down / booting up my Raspberry Pi”
If you are doing any serious code-smithing on your Sleepy Pi, then this is the tool for you.
Host Your Development On Another Machine
Run the Arduino IDE on your fast PC / Mac / Linux box and download the code direct to the Sleepy Pi.
- PC / Mac / Linux compatible
- USB – plugs into your computers USB port
- Speed up your development
- Debug even when you RPi is off or booting
- Standalone – run you Sleepy Pi all on it’s lonesome – no Raspberry Pi needed
What’s in the Bag?
- Adapter Box Kit – yes a bit of soldering required
- TTL-232R-3V3 – FTDI’s USB to Serial Cable (3V3) – 1.8m Drivers from here
Sleepy Pi Programming Adapter V1 Schematic Download
Programming from the Arduino IDE
Programming the Sleepy Pi as a Standalone Board