Raspimon Academy Kit
Code Next is a free, immersive computer science education program for Black and Latinx high school students that provides the skills and tech social capital needed to pursue long and high achieving careers in technology fields.
For Computer Science Education Week 2020, Code Next has partnered with the Raspberry Pi Foundation and PiShop.us to create a specially curated computing kit featuring the new Raspberry Pi 400. The Code Next curriculum team has also developed a premier activity called “Raspimon Academy”. RaspiMon is a virtual monster companion students can train using Python on a SenseHAT-equipped Raspberry Pi 400. You can find the curriculum for the activity at codenext.withgoogle.com/curriculum.
WHAT DO I NEED TO COMPLETE THE ACTIVITY?
No advanced skills are required. This kit contains all of the parts you'll need to complete the activity!
WHAT ELSE CAN I DO WITH THE KIT?
Your kit is a fully functioning computer. Once you complete the activity, feel free to use the materials to do everything from build future projects to video chat with friends to browse the internet!
The possibilities are endless! The Beginner's Guide will help you to:
- Set up your Raspberry Pi, install its operating system, and start using this tiny, fully functional computer.
- Start coding projects, with step-by-step guides using the Scratch 3 and Python programming languages.
- Experiment with connecting electronic components and have fun creating amazing projects.
- Raspberry Pi 400 - Complete Kit:
- Pi 400, a complete personal computer, built into a compact keyboard
- Raspberry Pi USB-C Power Supply, US, White
- Raspberry Pi Official Mouse - Red/White
- Micro-HDMI to Standard HDMI (A/M), 1m Cable, White *
- Raspberry Pi Official Beginner's Guide
- Raspberry Pi Sense HAT
- Raspberry Pi-compatible USB WebCam
- Male to Female GPIO Ribbon Cable
- 5FT Cat6 Ethernet Cable - Black
- 7inch HDMI LCD Display, 1024x600, IPS
- SandDisk MicroSD Card 32 GB pre-loaded with Code Next customized Raspberry Pi OS