Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3+ 16GB
- Raspberry Pi Foundation
The Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3+ (CM3+) is a DDR2-SODIMM-mechanically-compatible System on Module (SoMs) containing the same processor, memory, and supporting power circuitry as the Raspberry Pi 3+.
The CM3+ updates the CM3 design with the updated thermal design and processor package used in the Pi3 Model B+.
There are 4 versions of the CM3+ board: the Lite version which has no on-board eMMC memory and 3 versions with 8GB, 16GB or 32GB eMMC memory
This purchase is for the CM3+ with 16GB eMMC Memory
Compute modules allow designers to leverage the Raspberry Pi hardware and software stack in their own custom systems and form factors. In addition the modules have extra IO interfaces over and above what is available on the Raspberry Pi boards, providing more options for the designer. The Raspberry Compute Modules are suitable for designers who are happy with Raspberry Pi 3B+ functionality but require a smaller form factor (67.6 mm x 31 mm) for their embedded designs.
Flash memory is connected directly to the processor on the board, but the remaining processor interfaces are available to the user via the connector pins. You get the full flexibility of the BCM2837B0 SoC (which means that many more GPIOs and interfaces are available as compared to the Raspberry Pi), and designing the Module into a custom system should be relatively straightforward as all the tricky bits are pre-built into the module.
The Compute Module 3+ contains the following components contained within a 200 pin SODIMM design:
- Broadcom BCM2837B0 Cortex-A53 64-bit Soc (1.2GHz)
- 1GB LPDDR2 RAM
- 35u Hard Gold Plated IO Pins
- DDR2-SODIMM, Mechanically-Compatible System on Modules (SoMs)
- On board flash memory is supplied as follows:
- CM3+/Lite (no on-board eMMC memory)
- CM3+/8GB (8GB eMMC Memory)
- CM3+/16GB (16GB eMMC Memory)
- CM3+/32GB (32GB eMMC Memory)
- These modules have extra input/output (I/O) interfaces in addition to the Raspberry Pi model A/B boards.
- 67.6mm x 31mm Board
- Multimedia: H.264, MPEG-4 decode (1080p30), H.264 encode (1080p30), OpenGL ES 1.1, 2.0 graphics
- The Raspberry Pi CM3+ will remain in production until at least January 2024