PiTraffic: Traffic Light Shield
- SB Components
- The PiTraffic is a low-cost hardware Shield designed to allow Raspberry Pi users to take their first steps into interfacing with the real world. Designed with the learning in mind, everyone will recognize and identify its familiar elements encouraging their use along-side their own projects.
- The PiTraffic is designed to remove many of the common hurdles people are faced with when getting started using hardware with the Raspberry Pi. Often it is difficult to know what components to use and how to connect them, the PiTraffic makes it simple by plugging directly onto pre-set positions on the Raspberry Shield Hat.
- By plugging the PiTraffic directly on to the Raspberry Pi GPIO header, no extra cables or wires are needed. Unlike many other add-on boards, they do not block GPIO pins Which are available on the shield, keeping them open for other uses. The PiTraffic is fitted with 4 standard Pins, allowing up to four PiTraffic stands to be controlled independently, There is a buzzer which can be used alert on change of light.
- The documentation and guides are openly available for the PiTraffic for educational use. There will be guides, tutorials and workshop material available all of which can be taken as is available or adapted to your own needs.
- The materials will demonstrate the concepts, methods and provide the building blocks to explore ideas and take learning further by with creative projects, activities, and games.
Everything comes fully-assembled, and there's no soldering required! Just pop PiTraffic on your Pi and start learning to code.
It'll work with any 40-pin version of the Pi, including Pi Zero and Pi Zero W. If you're using it with a larger Pi like the B+, 2, or 3, then use the extra 40-pin header that's included to boost it up to the required height. If you're using a Zero or Zero W then just pop it straight onto the GPIO.
- 4 Stand with three lights
- buzzer as roundabout
- 4 roads marked as East West North South directions
- Easy Programming
- 40-pin female header included boosting height for Pi B+, 2, 3
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi 3, 2, B+, A+, Zero, and Zero W
View Sample Codes, Instruction Manual, Schematics at the PiTraffic GitHub repository here: https://github.com/sbcshop/PiTraffic