Inventor’s Kit for the BBC micro:bit
The Kitronik Inventor’s Kit for the BBC micro:bit is a great way to get started with programming and hardware interaction with the BBC micro:bit. This Inventor’s Kit contains everything you need to complete 10 experiments including using LEDs, motors, LDRs and capacitors.
To get you off to a flying start, we have included an easy to follow tutorial book which guides you through everything you will need to know about programming the BBC micro:bit. You don’t need any experience with programming as the tutorial book will guide you every step of the way. You’ll be programming and creating circuits in no time!
The Kitronik Inventor’s Kit for the BBC micro:bit provides a fantastic way of learning how to construct and control electronic circuits. The BBC micro:bit has a selection of pins that are located on the bottom edge of its PCB (see datasheet below for details). By using Kitronik’s specially designed Edge Connector Board for the BBC micro:bit in conjunction with the breadboard (see below), it is easy to use these pins to connect additional components to the BBC micro:bit.
- This kit requires assembly.
- This kit does not include a BBC microbit.
- If you purchase a microbit separately you may also need to purchase a Battery Cage and a USB Cable, depending on which microbit option you purchase.
- 1 x Phillips Screwdriver.
- 1 x Terminal Block Screwdriver.
- No soldering required – build your first circuit in minutes!
- Make 10 experiments included in the provided step-by-step tutorial book.
- All parts are included to conduct the 10 experiments (listed below).
- Breaks out 21 accessible pins from the BBC micro:bit using the Edge Connector Board for the BBC micro:bit (included).
- Small Prototype Breadboard included for fast prototyping.
- 1 x Mounting Plate.
- 1 x Potentiometer & Finger Adjust Spindle.
- 2 x Plastic Spacer 10mm.
- 1 x Sticky Fixer for Battery Pack.
- 1 x Small Prototype Breadboard.
- 1 x Terminal Connector.
- 4 x Push Switch.
- 1 x Motor.
- 1 x Transistor.
- 2 x Red 5mm LED.
- 2 x Orange 5mm LED.
- 2 x Yellow 5mm LED.
- 2 x Green 5mm LED.
- 1 x RGB 5mm LED.
- 1 x Fan Blade.
- 5 x 2.2KΩ Resistor.
- 5 x 10KΩ Resistor.
- 5 x 47Ω Resistor.
- 1 x Edge Connector Breakout Board for BBC micro:bit.
- 1 x Miniature LDR.
- 10 x Male to Male Jumper Wires.
- 10 x Male to Female Jumper Wires.
- 1 x 470uF Electrolytic Capacitor.
- 1 x Piezo Element Buzzer.
- 4 x Pan Head M3 Machine Screw.
Kitronik Inventors Kit Resources
Inventors Kit Experiment 1 Further Help
Robot Buggy Part 2 The Line Following Buggy
Options for Powering the BBC micro:bit
Transferring a Program to the BBC micro:bit
Getting Started with the Touch Develop Editor
Getting Started with Microsoft Block Editor