BMP280 Breakout - Temperature, Pressure, Altitude Sensor
A fast and precise environmental sensor that can measure temperature, pressure, and altitude. Our BMP280 breakout is Raspberry-Pi and Arduino-compatible.
If you're looking for a simple temperature and pressure sensor, then this is the one to pick. It's cheap and accurate (±1 hPa, ±1.0°C, ±1 metre), and ideal for keeping track of temperatures around your home or even for measuring altitude in high-altitude balloon flights.
It's also compatible with our fancy new Breakout Garden, where using breakouts is as easy just popping it into one of the six slots and starting to grow your project, create, and code.
- Bosch BMP280 temperature, pressure, altitude sensor (datasheet)
- I2C interface, with address select via ADDR cuttable trace (0x76 or 0x77)
- 3.3V or 5V compatible
- Reverse polarity protection
- Raspberry Pi-compatible pinout (pins 1, 3, 5, 7, 9)
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi (Python library)
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi Pico (C++/MicroPython libraries).
- BMP280 breakout
- 1x5 male header
- 1x5 female right angle header
This breakout board is designed so that you can solder on the piece of right angle female header and pop it straight onto the bottom left 5 pins on your Raspberry Pi's GPIO header (pins 1, 3, 5, 7, 9). The right angle header also has the advantage of positioning the breakout away from the Pi's CPU so as to minimise radiated heat.
The Python library for the BMP280 makes it simple to take readings from the sensor, and to combine with code for our other Breakout Garden breakouts and even other HATs and pHATs on a pHAT Stack.
You can also use this breakout with Raspberry Pi Pico and other RP2040 boards, using C++ or Pirate brand MicroPython.
- The trace on the back (marked ADDR) can be cut to change the I2C address from the default of 0x76 to 0x77, meaning that you can use up to two sensors on the same Raspberry Pi or Arduino.
- The BME680 and BMP280 breakouts both share the same I2C addresses, so if you're using both together then you'll need to change the I2C address on one of them using the cuttable traces.
- Dimensions: 19x19x2.75mm (LxWxH)