A stylish, retro, and fun arcade cabinet with no screen for your Raspberry Pi.
The Picade comes in kit form for you to build at home. All parts, panels, and components are included – you just need to supply the Raspberry Pi and a Screen! Using a Raspberry Pi 3 is highly recommended as the extra processing power gives great performance in many emulators.
Unlike many cabinet kits the panels are powder-coated in black so the end result feels like a finished, quality product. The chassis makes a great sounding board for the included speakers, you can’t fake that retro sound.
Picade is the ideal desktop arcade cabinet, you have to see it to believe it.
Total build time is around one hour and full instructions are available online. The only tool you’ll need is a cross-head (pozi) screwdriver.
- Black powder-coated cabinet panels (swish!)
- Picade PCB (Arduino compatible with stereo 2.8W amplifier) pre-loaded with the Picade software.
- LCD panel mount with protective overlay
- Two speakers wire wires pre-soldered
- 3.5mm stereo panel mounted headphone socket
- Attractive decals for the marquee and controls
- HDMI, audio, and USB cables
- A proper arcade stick
- Twelve micro-switch arcade buttons
- Custom assembled wiring looms
- All other fixings, fasteners, nuts, and bolts
- An awesomely hackable product 🙂