Pico Inky Pack
A svelte 2.9" (296x128px) mono E Ink® display for Raspberry Pi Pico / Pico W.
Pico Inky Pack features the speedy 2.9" e-paper display that you can find on Badger 2040, coupled with three handy buttons for interfacing. Equip it to the back of your Pico or Pico W to give it a classy, readable display (and +1 to crispness). This screen leaves plenty of pins free on the Pico, so it's ideal for combining with other Packs, sensors or breakouts.
Your Pico will need to have pin headers soldered to it (with the pins pointing downwards) to attach to our add-on boards.
RP2040 x E Ink®
We're big fans of electronic paper at Pirate HQ - it makes for a lovely, crisp, high contrast display that's readable even in bright sunlight and it doesn't squirt unnecessary blue light into your environs like LCDs do. It's also ultra low power (EPD displays only consume power while they're refreshing), and the images on the display stick around for a really long time whilst the display is unpowered.
Using a RP2040 chip means we can drive the hardware in fun, experimental, low level ways. We've written custom drivers for the EPD display that prioritise low power consumption whilst enabling lightning fast refresh rates.
- 2.9" black and white E Ink® display (296 x 128 pixels)
- Ultra wide viewing angles
- Ultra low power consumption
- Dot pitch - 0.227 x 0.226 mm
- 3 x tactile buttons
- Built in Captain Resetti (reset button!)
- Pre-soldered socket headers for attaching to Pico
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi Pico/Pico W.
- Fully assembled
- No soldering required (as long as your Pico has header pins attached).
- C/C++ and MicroPython libraries
- Schematic (coming soon!)
Our C++/MicroPython libraries are packed with nifty software tweaks to get the most out of this screen. You'll get best performance using C++, but if you're a beginner we'd recommend using our batteries included MicroPython build for ease of getting started.
- Download pirate-brand MicroPython
- Getting Started with Raspberry Pi Pico
- PicoGraphics function reference
- Examples are coming soon!
- Measurements: 87 x 38.7 x 9.7 mm (L x W x H, approx)
- This pack is wideboi. Even though it's bigger than our other Pico Packs, Inky Pack will still work with Pico Omnibus or Pico Decker, if you want to use more than one Pico Pack at once. Please note though that if you plug it into a Pico Decker, it will overhang the addon slots next to it.