Power supply is not included
The HiFiBerry AMP100 has been designed with more demanding speaker loads in mind. Just as with our other products, this new model features an improved signal path based on our DAC2 Pro section, but benefits from higher power output and the ability to add a DSP module for speaker and/or room correction where needed.
- Stereo DAC with sample rates up to 192kHz/24bit, based on the HiFiBerry DAC2 Pro design
- Up to 2x100W output power output
- 2nd GPIO header for use with the HiFiBerry DSP add-on board
- Onboard TOSLink input/output (requires DSP add-on board)
- Uses a single external power supply 12-30V to power the amplifier and the Raspberry Pi (not included)
- No soldering, comes as a pre-fabricated kit, just plug in the Pi.
- Comes with all components required to mount it.
- NOTE: Outputs can not be bridged!
- Larger and/or less efficient speakers
- Home automation and multi-room audio systems
- Solutions that require high-quality sound but unobtrusive appearance
DSP / TOSLINK Notes
With only the Amp100 connected to the Raspberry Pi, both TOSLink input and output have no function. They require the use of the add-on DSP module. The inputs and outputs are directly connected to the inputs and outputs of the DSP on this DSP module.
While the TOSLink connectors are connected to the DSP they do not work independently if you not only want to process the audio in the DSP, but also forward the audio data to the amplifier outputs. To implement this, the audio data from the Pi are being replaced by the audio data from the TOSLink input. This requires the Pi to deliver audio data to the DSP. If there is no playback on the Pi, the DAC and amplifier on the Amp100 won’t work.
We have created a small program that outputs a dummy data stream on the Pi. It is open source and can be downloaded from Github. There is no individual support for this script from us. You might post in our forum to discuss potential problems with the community.
We recommend the use of the TOSLink inputs/outputs only to users with some understanding of DSP programming as you might have to create your own DSP profile to use them.
- Weight: 7 g
- Dimensions: 12 × 18 × 4 mm