5inch Resistive Touch Screen LCD with Bicolor Case, 800×480, HDMI, Low Power
Waveshare 11189 - 5inch Resistive Touch Screen LCD With Bicolor Case, 800×480, HDMI, Low Power Consumption - 5inch HDMI LCD (with bicolor case)
- 800x480 high hardware resolution
- Resistive touch control
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi A+/B+/2B/3B/3A+/3B+
- Drivers provided (works with your own Raspbian/Ubuntu/Kali/Retropie)
- HDMI interface for displaying, no I/Os required (however, the touch panel still needs I/Os)
- Backlight can be turned off to lower power consumption
- High quality immersion gold surface plating
More info : 5inch HDMI LCD
- Material : high quality bicolor Acrylic, black and white
- Comes with bottom holder, optional tilt angle, 45° or 60°
- Features mounting holes for Raspberry Pi A+/B+/2B/3B/3A+/3B+
More info : Bicolor Case for 5inch LCD
How to install: instruction
Wiki : www.waveshare.com/wiki/5inch_HDMI_LCD
- Why the LCD doesn't work with my Raspbian?
- To use the LCD with the Raspberry Pi official image, driver should be installed first. Please refer to the user manual.
However, for the first testing, you may want to use our provided image directly.
- Why the LCD still doesn't work with the Waveshare provided image?
- Make sure the hardware connection is correct and connects fine.
Make sure the image in TF card is burnt correctly.
The PWR will keep on and the ACT will keep blinking when the Raspberry Pi starts up successfully, in case both of the two LEDs keep on, it is possible that the image was burnt incorrectly OR the TF card was in bad contact.
- Which power supply should I use?
- It is recommended to use a 5V/3A power adapter for the Raspberry Pi other than USB connection, otherwise the Pi may failed to start up because the PC's USB port might have not enough power.
For large size LCDs, say, 10inch diagonal or more, another stand-alone power adapter is also required to provide power to the LCD.
For more info, please check the wiki page.