IMPORTANT! THIS IS A NEW (VERSION 2) RAZBERRY Z-WAVE CARD. PLEASE READ THE DESCRIPTION BELOW CAREFULLY.
PLEASE NOTE: This is NOT the Raspberry Pi! It’s a daughter card that goes ON a Raspberry Pi board! Raspberry Pi boards are here.
The RaZberry2 turns every Raspberry Pi into a Z-Wave Home Automation Gateway. The bundle of hardware and precompiled Z-Wave wireless network management software waits to be completed by your own user interface running in a web browser or a mobile phone. The Z-Wave software offers an easy to understand and easy to use interface applying the well-known Java Script interface technology JSON on a built in web server. Writing your own home automation app was never easier and never more affordable.
The RaZberry 2 has an optimized antenna so that this module can now achieve a range of up to 200 meters.
The RaZberry consists of four parts:
- Z-Wave transceiver pluggable to the GPIO interface of the Raspberry PI
- Optimized transceiver firmware running on the Z-Wave transceiver chip
- Certified Z-Wave communication stack Z-Way – running on the Raspberry PI and offering a web based interface
- Z-Way AJAX based demo User Interface for easy access to all Z-Wave functions of Z-Way and as a reference for own User Interface enhancements.
Please note: The package includes only the Z-Wave plug-and the necessary software. The Raspberry Pi baseboard is NOT included. More information is available on the website.
Introduction To Z-Wave Plus™
Z-Wave Plus™ is a new certification program designed to help consumers identify products that take advantage of the recently introduced ‘Next Gen’ Z-Wave hardware platform, also know as 500 Series or 5th Generation Z-Wave. Z-Wave Plus certified solutions feature a selected set of extended features and capabilities that enhance the end user experience and make Z-Wave installations even faster and easier to install and set up.
Z-Wave has led the market in interoperable smart devices for the home since the first Z-Wave product was certified in 2004. With the introduction of the Next-Gen, Z-Wave 500 series hardware platforms, Z-Wave saw its ecosystem bolstered with new capabilities, including increased range, extended battery life, Over The Air upgrading (OTA), additional RF channels and more — all of which are fully backwards compatible with existing Z-Wave products.
For consumers, homeowners, integrators, and service providers, these enhancements offer tremendous benefits in terms of shorter and easier installations, richer device profiles, improved self-healing and longer battery life. With the new Z-Wave Plus certification program, the Z-Wave Alliance is introducing a series of packaging logos that will be located on every Z-Wave Plusâ¢ certified product, informing the consumer this product incorporates the enhanced capabilities of the Next Gen, Z-Wave 500 series.
- 50% improvement in battery life
- 67% improvement in range
- 250% more bandwidth
- Three F channels for improved noise immunity and higher bandwidth
- New lug-n-Play Network-wide Inclusion feature
- Improved self-healing nd fault tolerance with Explorer Frame feature
- Standardized method for Over the Air firmware updates (OTA)
- Improved product information capture for product certification database