Note that PCB comes in 2 flavors:
1. Volt is a shield and beneath it has connector that will plug into the Piano 1.1 and Piano 2.1 DACs. It has no RCA inputs. (Capacitance Multiplier can be added as a standalone board).
2. Volt+ is a standalone amplifier with RCA IN (stereo). In addition to everything that the Volt has, we have added a circuit in the power supply that will reject spikes and noise to about 60db. The name of the circuit is “Capacitance Multiplier”. Please note that Class D amplifier needs a quiet PSU. Volt+ can be used with Allo’s DACs through the RCA input, or as a standalone board.
The TPA3118 class D amplifier IC is a leap in terms of audio quality.
Our board is a high quality implementation of the stock design.
– Using TPA3118 (better grounding of main IC)
– Anti-Pop circuit
– Bootstrap snubber mod
– Brand name components as per picture
– Radio avoidance switch (to reduce interference)
– PCB with extra copper (since on transient’s current can spike to 5A)
- This class D amplifier goes up to 2 x 50W Max
- The components used are specifically designed for high end audio devices (Würth Inductor, TI chipset, film capacitors and ± 1% thin film resistors)
- VOLT AMP boasts 4 output filters, 4 EMI Snubbers, 4 bootstrap capacitors and gain setting components
- And Additional Provision for stepped attenuator volume control
- Comes in two flavors (Volt and Volt+)
- Power Connector Jack Barrel size: 3.00mm ID (0.118″), 6.50mm OD (0.256″)